Something Busies COM1 port , but what, how can i determine it???
Semih Akbaş
2007-10-26 22:22:42 UTC
Whenever i start/restart windows. I see that sth opens and closes the port
COM1. I use Hyperterminal to determine this. I tried several tools to see
which program/handle sends windows messages to open/close the COM1, but i
don't see any message. Another program shows the status of the serial ports
shows that the COM1 is getting opened and closed continuously. How can i
determine what deals with the COM1 port???

Thanks for further help,

Semih
t***@NoSpamPleasetaltech.com
2008-11-21 21:06:28 UTC
If you have Microsoft ActiveSync or the Palm Desktop software
installed, they may be set up to look for a device on a COM port.
Also, if you have a device connected to a COM port that transmits data
continuously and the device is on when you boot your PC, Windows will
sometimes assume that the device is a mouse and load a mouse driver
for the COM port. See the following article for more information:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/131976