regsvr32 question
Alain Dekker
2008-10-02 10:55:36 UTC
I would like to create my application on a CD for distribution. One problem
I have is that a DLL must be registered on the system before the application
will run. I would like to determine if that DLL is registered before
running:

regsvr32 MyDLL

Is there any way to determine if the DLL is already registered and if so NOT
register the DLL?

Thanks,
Alain
Steve Alpert
2008-10-03 10:38:00 UTC
Post by Alain Dekker
I would like to create my application on a CD for distribution. One problem
I have is that a DLL must be registered on the system before the application
will run. I would like to determine if that DLL is registered before
regsvr32 MyDLL
Is there any way to determine if the DLL is already registered and if so NOT
register the DLL?
Thanks,
Alain
Two obvious choices. During install, instantiate the control and it that
fails... or check registry keys set during install.

/steveA
Paul J. Lucas
2008-10-08 03:41:45 UTC
Post by Alain Dekker
Is there any way to determine if the DLL is already registered and if so NOT
register the DLL?
AFAIK, there is no harm in registering multiple times if all you're doing in
your DllRegister() function is adding registry keys. Adding keys/values that
already exist is harmless. Hence, there's really no reason to check.

- Paul