Mapping memory usage between dll's
Gilad Walden
2007-08-27 05:54:01 UTC
I have a process that uses a lot of Dll's, part of them were written by me.
The process takes a lot of memory and virtual memory, and I want to see the
memory allocation mapped to each Dll. is there some tool/way that can provide
this functionality?
Stephen Kellett
2007-08-28 11:36:49 UTC
Post by Gilad Walden
I have a process that uses a lot of Dll's, part of them were written by me.
The process takes a lot of memory and virtual memory, and I want to see the
memory allocation mapped to each Dll. is there some tool/way that can provide
this functionality?
Two tools by Software Verification can do this.

Free: VM Validator
http://www.softwareverify.com/cpp/virtual_memory/index.html

Commercial and much more comprehensive: Memory Validator
30 day eval available.
http://www.softwareverify.com/cpp/memory/index.html

Stephen
--