VDS API: IVdsDisk::GetIdentificationData on an unallocated disks.
Hilaire Verschuere
2007-12-14 17:19:03 UTC

Someone knows if it is possible, in the VDS API, to cal the method
IVdsDisk::GetIdentificationData on an an unallocated disks ?

I tried this method on allocated disks, it works perfectly, I also tried the
IVdsDisk::GetProperties method on unallocated disks, it works.

I need this method to get the serial number of each disk of a computer and
so, at the moment, I can get only the ones of initialized disks.

Hilaire Verschuere
g***@gmail.com
2008-02-01 10:43:15 UTC
On Dec 14 2007, 10:19 pm, Hilaire Verschuere <Hilaire
Post by Hilaire Verschuere
Hi,
Someone knows if it is possible, in the VDS API, to cal the method
IVdsDisk::GetIdentificationData on an an unallocated disks ?
I tried this method on allocated disks, it works perfectly, I also tried the
IVdsDisk::GetProperties method on unallocated disks, it works.
I need this method to get the serial number of each disk of a computer and
so, at the moment, I can get only the ones of initialized disks.
Hilaire Verschuere
we can try to get the IVdsLun interface for the disk (using
QueryInterface) and then get the corresponding LUN

properties. This is for LUNs on a external array.