a windows tool that copy files with a filter
JDT
2006-11-13 20:13:22 UTC

I am looking for a Windows tool that copies files/directories using a
customizable filter specifying what types of files to be included (or
excluded) during copying. Is there such a good tool? Any word is much
appreciated.

Tony

ps. the old DOS tool xcopy provides a simular functionality.
Gary Chanson
2006-11-14 19:50:43 UTC
Post by JDT
Hi,
I am looking for a Windows tool that copies files/directories using a
customizable filter specifying what types of files to be included (or
excluded) during copying. Is there such a good tool? Any word is much
appreciated.
Tony
ps. the old DOS tool xcopy provides a simular functionality.
If you mean excluding based on pattern matching to the filename, my
QCopy program will do that. It's part of my WinTools package, available at
http://arcaneincantations.mvps.org/wintools.htm.

--

- Gary Chanson (Windows SDK MVP)
- Abolish Public Schools