application verifier doesn't catch error
lars
2010-02-05 13:23:02 UTC
I get a memory corruption error when calling my custom OLE DB Provider (c++
vs2005 with atl provider templates) from my client app (c# vs2008). But when
I add the app to the application verifier the error does not appear anymore
and the verifier does not detect anything. How come the error disappears (it
reappears when running the app without the verifier again)?
Any suggestions how I could find the code where the memory corruption occurs?
Prasad Kakulamarri [MSFT]
2010-05-06 17:34:06 UTC
Sorry for the delay in responding to your question. Are you using a debug
version of your app? In the debug version CRT adds padding that may prevent
AppVerifier catching bugs. Could you try with a retail version?
There are two modes for the Heaps check - full & light. Full is on by
default and uses a guard page to catch buffer overruns/underruns. Light
instead uses a pattern to catch corruptions. Could you change the mode to
"light" (From Heaps check properties, set Full to FALSE) and see if it
catches the issue? I would try the retail version of your app before trying
this option.

Thanks,
Prasad