distant collaboration for programmers?
cfman
2006-12-18 09:34:40 UTC
Hi all,

I need help on certain distant collaboration for programmers. I am learning
and using C++ in my project. My colleague who is working in another side of
the world is also working on the same project. We use MSVC 2005. Ideally, if
we can both collaborate in MSVC 2005 and if he can show me and demonstrate
to me by modifying a few codes and execute the code in front of me and if I
can do the same to show to him, it would be great!

We knew that there are many online conferencing services but they are most
for collaborations/meeting/discussions on whiteboard, not specifically in
MSVC 2005. Is there a collaboration mechanism that integrates well within
the MSVC2005 framework seamlessly?

Thank you very much and we appreciate any pointers!

-M
Dan Mitchell
2006-12-18 17:28:24 UTC
Post by cfman
We knew that there are many online conferencing services but they are
most for collaborations/meeting/discussions on whiteboard, not
specifically in MSVC 2005. Is there a collaboration mechanism that
integrates well within the MSVC2005 framework seamlessly?
If you want code to do this, there's the conferenceXP stuff, though
that's a .net language solution, not C++. I don't know of any real-time
collaboration stuff for VS.Net itself, though it would be very nice if
such a thing existed.

-- dan
Alexander Nickolov
2006-12-18 19:58:27 UTC
A web-conferencing software doesn't need to integrate with
any product since it can work with any desktop software
right out of the box. You should just try it out for yourself.
For example you can try our own conferencing solution
GoToMeeting free for a month here:

https://www.gotomeeting.com
--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov
-M
Arkady Frenkel
-M
BobF
2006-12-19 11:46:14 UTC
Not a recommendation as I haven't used anything from these folks except
subversion and tortoise. Might be worth checking out.

<http://www.collab.net/>
York
2006-12-19 21:08:15 UTC
Can try the following: