AppVerifier cause a black screen in my Direct3D game
z***@gmail.com
2008-07-07 19:10:14 UTC

I'm currently working on a small directx game and wanted to get it
compatible with the "Game for Windows" standards.

I used AppVerifier to do it. (A few of those tests are required, like
heap, lock, memory, etc...)

But when I activate any test in AppVerifier, my game doesn't show any
3d graphics, only the UI is visible. I used NVidia PerfHUD to track
down the problem to some FX I put at the end of the frame that becomes
completely black. I can correct this by deactivating the effects, but
still, i'd like to understand what is happening here.

What does AppVerifier do that cause this with any one or more tests
activated.

Thanks in advance,

Zjadir
subba
2008-07-15 01:32:00 UTC
Can you attach the debugger to the application and see what is happening?
You can give us the stack trace if it hits the appverifier break in the
debuggger.

Thanks,
Subba Raju
Hi,