AppVerifier
SteveMcCrea
2009-03-09 18:09:02 UTC
I need to supply a command line parameter to my app when it is run by app
verifier for testing; but I cannot figure out how to provide the parameter.
Can someone help me?

Thanks.
SteveMcCrea
2009-03-09 18:22:04 UTC
I should have said when it is run in the 'OEM Certification Tool' instead of
AppVerifier. I set it up for appverifier in the tool but I need top supply a
command line parameter to it to launch it in 'OCT' - is this a limitation of
the tool?
Thanks.
Prasad Kakulamarri [MSFT]
2009-05-20 16:31:02 UTC
Hi Steve,
Sorry for the delay in responding to this question.
You need to launch your application in the normal after you enable
appverifier settings and save the settings using appverif.exe tool. The tool
itself will not launch your application. Here are the steps to use
appverifier:
- Start appverif.exe
- Add the name of the exe you want to verify
- Enable the checks
- save the settings
- Launch your application and run your scenarios or tests. Please note that
the settings won't be effective on an already running app.
- Examine the Appverifier log file (stored in %USERPROFILE%\AppVerifierLogs)
or investigate the failures in the debugger if you launched your app under a
debugger.

Thanks,
Prasad