SHGetPathFromIDList crashes at Application Verifier...
VinodRaut
2007-09-19 07:08:02 UTC
I have used SHBrowseForFolder in my application. I have handled
BrowseCallbackProc. So when selection changes I have used
SHGetPathFromIDList, but it fails at Nokia phone browser with Application
Verifier. But without AV it erturns the path as :
::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\::{416651E4-9C3C-11D9-8BDE-F66BAD1E3F3A}.
So does anybody knows the reason for it & how to pass it through Application
Verifier.

Thanx & Regards,

Vinod.
Dan Mihai [MSFT]
2007-09-28 15:17:13 UTC
The next steps would be to:
- Reproduce the AV with the program running under windbg.exe (latest
version, installed from
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/installx86.mspx).
- Make sure you are using good symbols in the debugger ('lml' shows PDB
symbols for all DLLs from the current stack trace).
- Try to figure out where the bad pointer being used at the time of the AV
came from. Running !analyze in the debugger might help. Appverif.chm also
contains ideas for debugging.

Dan
rights.