winxp alt-tab dialog I can select apps directly from - is this win
Rich
2007-09-10 15:50:04 UTC
Greetings,

I inherited a winxp Pro SP2 workstation from another employee who left the
company. I noticed that when I Alt-Tab between programs the Alt-tab dialog
displays not only the program icons but will show a thumbnail of the first
app in the list. Plus, I can select a program directly from the dialog
window. Is this a winXP feature, or did the other employee load an external
application to do this? How can I make alt-tab behave this way on other
winxp machines?

Thanks,
Rich
Nathan Mates
2007-09-10 16:18:58 UTC
Post by Rich
I inherited a winxp Pro SP2 workstation from another employee who
left the company. I noticed that when I Alt-Tab between programs
the Alt-tab dialog displays not only the program icons but will show
a thumbnail of the first app in the list.
Sounds like one of the Microsoft PowerToys were installed:

Nathan Mates
--
<*> Nathan Mates - personal webpage http://www.visi.com/~nathan/
# Programmer at Pandemic Studios -- http://www.pandemicstudios.com/
# think. What are the facts, and to how many decimal places?" -R.A. Heinlein
Rich