Application Verifier fails to initialize on Windows XP x64
Claus Brod
2007-04-26 18:36:03 UTC

hope this is the right newsgroup for my question. If not, my apologies.

I just installed the 64-bit version of Application Verifier (v3.3, for x64
CPUs) on my system which runs Windows XP x64. I'm now trying to use it with a
64-bit application, but can't get Application Verifier to log anything.

When I run my executable in the debugger, I see the following messages:

AVRF: foo.exe: pid 0x1498: flags 0x80000000: application verifier enabled
'foo.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\verifier.dll', Exports loaded.
AVRF: failed to initialize verifier logging (C000003A).
AVRF: verifier.dll provider initialized for foo.exe with flags 0x80000000

The application starts up just fine - but there are no log files and no test
results afterwards.

I found an old posting in a newsgroup where somebody was trying to use the
64-bit version of Application Verifier with a 32-bit app, and also failed to
get any logs. However, in my case, both the Verifier and the app are 64-bit.

Thanks for any help or pointers!

Claus
Prasad Kakulamarri [MSFT]
2007-04-30 19:58:05 UTC
Hi Claus,
The message " AVRF: failed to initialize verifier logging (C000003A)" is
misleading. We will fix it asap.

By default, the logs

for services/apps running under user account are under:
%USERPROFILE%\AppVerifierLogs

for services/apps running under local service account are under:
%windir%\serviceprofiles\LocalService\AppVerifierLogs

for services/apps running under network service account are under:
%windir%\serviceprofiles\NetworkService\AppVerifierLogs

for services/apps running under sytem account are under:
%windir%\system32\config\systemprofile\AppVerifierLogs

If you cannot find the logs under any of these folders, please check the
Default user profile.

Thanks,
Prasad
Hi,