Dynamic View of Process Memory
NeilShore
2006-07-17 10:54:01 UTC

I would like to “watch” the memory usage of an application I am developing.
It is written in VB 6 but uses a large number of custom functions placed in
DLLS. The application requires a lot of memory and I want to optimize the
placement of DLLS. So, does anyone know of a tool that will dynamically show
a processes memory usage in graphical form? It can be shareware, freeware,
or for purchase.

Thanks.

- Neil Shore
Stephen Kellett
2006-07-18 08:48:10 UTC
Post by NeilShore
I would like to “watch” the memory usage of an application I am developing.
It is written in VB 6 but uses a large number of custom functions placed in
DLLS. The application requires a lot of memory and I want to optimize the
placement of DLLS. So, does anyone know of a tool that will dynamically show
a processes memory usage in graphical form? It can be shareware, freeware,
or for purchase.
VM Validator does this. No cost to use. Start your app with VM
Validator, move to the Virtual tab and click Start.

http://www.softwareverify.com
http://www.softwareverify.com/cpp/virtual_memory/index.html

If you want a better memory view, Memory Validator is also available. 30
day eval, commercial software tool. Start your app with Memory
Validator, move to the Virtual tab and click Start.

http://www.softwareverify.com/cpp/memory/index.html

Stephen
--
Stephen Kellett