ProcessMonitor V1.1 reset W2K Server
Francois PIETTE
2007-03-26 07:57:11 UTC
Running ProcessMonitor V1.1
(http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/processmonitor.mspx
) on a Windows 2000 SP4 Server immediately and silently reboot the system
without showing BSOD. On the same system, ProcessExplorer v9.03 has no
problem.

Known problem ?
Anything to check ?
Any advice ?
--
Francois PIETTE
http://www.overbyte.be
Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]
2007-03-26 10:03:48 UTC
Hi Francois ,

Currently, Sysinternals tools are not supported by MSDN newsgroup support.
The recommended support place is sysinternals forum below:
http://forum.sysinternals.com/

Anyway, I will try to consult internal to see if I can get some useful
information for you, thanks.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Community Support
ications.

Francois PIETTE
2007-03-26 11:30:17 UTC
Post by Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]
Currently, Sysinternals tools are not supported by MSDN newsgroup support.
http://forum.sysinternals.com/
Sorry, I wa not anware of that. I searched the forum and found that many
other have the exact same problem. For those interested, here is the link:
http://forum.sysinternals.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=9533&PN=1

I will post my message there.
Post by Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]
Anyway, I will try to consult internal to see if I can get some useful
information for you, thanks.
Thanks.
--
Francois PIETTE
http://www.overbyte.be
Francois PIETTE
2007-03-26 11:40:24 UTC
Post by Francois PIETTE
Post by Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]
Currently, Sysinternals tools are not supported by MSDN newsgroup support.
http://forum.sysinternals.com/
Sorry, I wa not anware of that. I searched the forum and found that many
http://forum.sysinternals.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=9533&PN=1
I will post my message there.
No chance, the forums are currently locked !
Post by Francois PIETTE
Post by Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]
Anyway, I will try to consult internal to see if I can get
some useful information for you, thanks.
Hope you'll find.
In the meantime, I can add that my system has not only SP4 installed but all
available updates from Microsoft update website. It is a french localized
version.

--
***@codegear.com
http://www.overbyte.be
Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]
2007-04-02 06:56:55 UTC
Hi Francois ,

Sorry for letting you wait.

I have sent 2 emails to the sysinternals dev team to ask for the official
support channel, however, I still did not get any response yet.

If you still need help on this, I would recomend you to contact Microsoft
PSS to consult the official support channel for sysinternals tools.

You can contact Microsoft Product Support directly at 1-(800)936-5800 or by
choosing one of the options listed at:
http://www.microsoft.com/services/microsoftservices/srv_support.mspx

Thanks for your understanding.