Application Verifier 4.0 Heap allocation error 0x0900
Greg G
2010-04-20 16:09:01 UTC
Testing a MFC VC++ app that uses custom active X controls and dlls,
Application Verifier has found a Heap allocation error. The log suggests
using !heap -p -a <address> to get more information.

Where can I find !heap, how to run it, and how to track down this error?
--
Thank you very much,

Greg G
Prasad Kakulamarri [MSFT]
2010-05-06 17:28:01 UTC
Hi Greg,
!heap is a debugger extension that is shipped as part of Windows debugging
tools. These tools ship in Windows DDK as well as Win7 SDK. You can access
Win7 SDK from here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/bb980924.aspx.
Please run your application under Windows debugger (windbg or cdb or ntsd)
to use the !heap extension.

Thanks,
Prasad