Application Verifier - Enabling exceptions only for a DLL
JJR
2007-06-21 21:27:27 UTC
Hello -
I'm trying to find a way to enable application verifier to only catch
exceptions for my DLL, not for the process that's loading it.
Specifically, we have a JNI DLL that is loaded by java.exe. When I
enabled java.exe for exceptions through App Verifier, I'm nagged by a
whole slew of "First Chance Exceptions" which I don't care about. I
only want exceptions from my DLL.

Is there a way to set appverif so it only catches exceptions from my
DLL?

I'm using Application Verifier v3.3 on Win2003.
Prasad Kakulamarri [MSFT]
2007-06-22 19:09:01 UTC
There isn't a way to enable a verifier check (Ex: Exceptions) for only a
particular Dll. The settings apply process wide. Sorry.

Heaps check is the only check where you can specify Inclusion and Exclusion
list.

Prasad